Thursday, July 30, 2009

My French Experience

Those who have me on facebook would have noticed that I had to cram French in a very short period. 13 hours to be exact.

It was definitely a crazy exhilarating experience! I had to cram a whole bunch of French words for an interview in which I was expected to translate a French document as a means of assessing my capability.

When I went to the interview, at the Bursa Malaysia building, the sweet old taxi driver of a man was ever so kind to wish me luck. I even noted his Taxi Id, just in case I got through the interview to track him down and thank him.

But, erm since I'm not interested in the job I forgot the number =S

Anyways, when I approached the interview venue, the people there were dressed in some what casual clothing and this did not impress me one bit!

Then the HR Recruiter, Gracie got me filling some forms and left me in a silent room and asked me to wait till the manager came to interview me.

Then this man and a girl came in to interview me. The firstly explained what the job was about, but I couldn't help but notice the very many freckles the man had on his hands...

I was asked to read aloud a French document, and explain to them what it said, I did fairly well, however, when I asked for the meaning of some French words I was alien to, he confessed he wasn't too sure himself.

Second unappealing point.

After this, they actually started selling to me the job, and how I can grow within it. I seriously do not like it when people start selling ideas to me, convince me, not sell!

At the end, they asked me to wait for Gracie who had to collect some forms of me, again, I was left in the cold silent room. And guess what, Gracie, forgets me!

So I was left in that room for like 30 mins all by my self =S I started humming my new favourite song by Kenneth Bager, giggled to my self, called bfm (but my phone battery died, so that didn't last long), thought more funny thoughts, giggled to myself more. (at this point of time I'm wishing real hard there isn't any cctv in the room)

Suddenly! I had an epiphany, I've always thought that the prospect of having a jail record would be appealing, but after 30 minutes in this room, I realised, no way would I ever wanna end up in jail =S

Exasperated, I went out of the room to look for Gracie, left her a message saying I was still waiting for her. When she finally came, I gave her all my papers and practically ran out of the room!

Wheeeeeeeee free again!

So since I've already concluded that I do not want that job,

I still need a job.

No comments:

Post a Comment