Wednesday, September 9, 2009

My Past week of Employment!

So after 7 days or 8.45am to 5.45 am, I've finally decided to write about it!

Work has actually turned out to be awesome!
I'm actually loving it!

My first week was hell, mainly because the thought of having to wake up sooo early, showering, getting dressed, putting on make-up. Oh gawd, the whole process was much too troublesome, but as this week began, my work load has been slowly increasing, so I've got work to do.

I'm Senior Executive Officer! I take care of the Operational aspect in the bank. Well, more like currently learning about it.
My boss is too busy to give me more details, but I've had to prepare documents, do write ups for the media on behalf of the bank. And since they'll be read by ALOT of people, it has to reflect the standards of the bank. (Not too much pressure there=S)

My bosses are nice, colleagues are nice, but I'm still experiencing a little of culture shock, even though I'm Malaysian, hahahaha

What else, oh
I hang out with just this one colleague, and we usually go have lunch together, her name's vivienne, she's like this super efficient person, and I've seriously never met any one more conscientious then her. It's amazing and at the same time very motivating. it's nice to be around her, it's keeps me on my toes too!

And she tells me all these little little things that help me to save money, plan for the future, etc...
EPF, socso, budgeting, sighhhhh

I'm becoming an adult now! And I've just realized this is when the learning is actually BEGINNING!
What they teach you in universities is really just the surface, when you start working it's a whole different scenario.

Oh and I'm also being informed about the office politics, it's really quite interesting!

I'm so happy about working, and today, when I walked around, from department to department, in my heels, I didn't trip, it wasn't awkward.

It was Normal!

I guess I'm offiicially getting used to being a grown up!

No comments:

Post a Comment