Friday, January 15, 2010

Day one of Cycling to work

Phewww, I was quite relieved when I came home alive yesterday! Na, i'm just kidding, I knew i would!

But omg, you guys out there, please, don't think cycling's easy, it really isn't.

Even after having done a test run the night before, boy was I exhausted! I was sweaty when i reached Dang Wangi LRT station, but luckily, for one, I was prepared, had a towel with me, and toweled down all the way to work. Felt better after drying up, I wasn't uncomfortable as such,

BUT

I was exhausted to the core!

I was almost gonne turn back and wake my sister up, but I pushed my self, and in my head all I thought was, if I die, it'd be for a good cause.

Anywho, i locked my bike, when to work exhausted!

At work, my dad found out I had cycled to the LRT and called up to give me an earful. =.=

Dad's can be too over protective I tell you.

SAD thing is, everybody who matter to me are very much against me cycling to work.

Initially I contemplated against doing it, but then today, I was reading 'The monk who sold his Ferrari' and I'm back on my original plan of always always cycling to the LRT.

It makes me really happy to know I am, though in a very small way, contributing to the betterment of the environment.
So I shan't stop. Soon enough, I'll work on petitioning to the government about bicycle lanes!
Yay!

oh and yes today I didn't cycle to work today, cos my sis woke up, or rather, we were both woken up ;) dreadfully early, that too!

But Monday I shall be back on my two wheels! Taking life, just, simply...

Ps: I'll be off to Trolak for the weekend on a team building camp. Early morning tmw ='(

Off to bed now!
Night kiddies =)

No comments:

Post a Comment