Thursday, January 21, 2010

Stress? What's that? La la la

Ok, I just had the craziest 2 hours of my life and it was fun!


On Fridays, it's sort of a self declared 2 hour lunch break, so I grabbed this opportunity to go for a job interview.


Situation:


Didn't have cash


No ATM around me (regardless of the fact that I work in a bank)


Low on Fuel


Airconditioning was conked


Late


worst, I got a summon =(


So I sped like a mad woman to hartamas, that's where the office was, and reached at 12.40 (terrible of me), I would have reached earlier, had I known the way, but Thank God for Quah, I got directions, found my way, found a parking immediately and thankfully, reached the office, went through the interview.


Unfortunately I didn't get it, as I already had another job which I was not willing to give up. (it's complicated, don't ask)


Left that office at 1.30, again, don't forget I'm terribly low on fuel without cash. Manged to get to a petrol station with an ATM, did the neccesary and it was 1.50 by then!


Got slightly lost on the way back again =.= but I managed to tackle it, so it wasn't too bad, reached work, needed to find parking, and rushed back to office, only to realise I had left the money I withdrew in the car, so no lunch.

8(


Rushed back to office and thankfully, my boss hadn't come back, so I was s.a.f.e. not to mention got time to blog as well


;p


Today taught me that if you truly believe that everything will be alright, it will, it really is alllll in the m.i.n.d. I was also surpridingly calm, and entertained by how I wasn't being stressed.


Lessons learnt:

If you're going somewhere new, make sure you drive beforehand to check it out.

Don't try and squeeze time (like a hero)

Always keep cash in hand ( a good idea would be to hide some in your bag, each and every bag you have)


Basically before doing anything, be it a meeting or just going to play a game, think of all possible scenarios and how you'd overcome them. So you get to prepare in advance.


And I guarantee you, life will be awesome. And always be calm. There really is no reason to S.t.r.e.s.s


No comments:

Post a Comment