Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Lunch with Su !

Today I went out for lunch with a dear friend of mine, coincidentally where we were, there was a vegetarian restaurant nearby. So I suggested eating there instead. I a veg, she a non, naturally the conversation steered towards the comparison between meat and mock meat and vege's. Hence this piece is mainly dedicated to her.
<3

Eating out with me is really simple. If there's food fit for me to eat, I eat, otherwise, I order a drink and continue conversations with my friends. I don't feel left out or anything and neither should you feel guilty on having a meal without me.

When I have meals with my friends, without fail, there will be a few of them, and usually the same ones, who'd tell me how much it is I'm missing out by abstaining from meat. This really doesn't bother me, so go ahead, do it again, and again, and again, it ain't gonna change me. ( You know exactly who you are =P)

Truthfully speaking, instead of having meals with friends I'd much rather do some other activity like shop, hang around, play games or just have drinks. This is not because I'm deterred by my meat-eating friends, it's only cause I don't want to be packing in any calories.

The primary reason I'm a vegetarian is because I was born into a vegetarian family and proud of it. My family were vegetarians for religious purposes. But now as I have grown older, I've come to realize it's not just for religious purposes but a whole spectrum of other reasons. But I'm nevertheless most thankful to God for getting me born into a vegetarian family.


My personal belief would be that no animal should die for my own satisfaction. No cow, chicken, sheep, goat, fish, not any animal should be killed, just to satisfy my hunger.

Plus, animals are one of the most gentle creatures around, it is us humans who go around terrorizing others. You don't hear of animal terrorists now do you?
And they're so cuteeeeee! How can you cut them up and eat them!

Don't you think so?



So cuteeeee!

I'm not trying to blackmail you or anything. But just look at them! Oh I'm gonna burst into http://www.blogger.com/post-create.g?blogID=807798827880180175tears any minute!

You really don't have to eat meat, you can be perfectly healthy and not thing you might end up underweight or something. (I am l.i.v.i.n.g proof)

Anyways, here are more reasons I came across google on why you should consider being a vegetarian.

1. Why be a vegetarian?

2. Lose the blubber hehehehe

3. Some of the sexiest vegetarians around...

4. Why being a vegetarian could be a good cause

Hopefully after reading all these sites, you may be a little more inclined to go vege!

Come on people, lets do our part in saving the environment and humanity it self!

Go Vege!

PS: Even after watching "Finding Nemo" would you really want to eat fishes too?

Hmm, maybe Pixar and Disney could collaborate on making an animated movie on vegetarianism...

No comments:

Post a Comment