Sunday, August 16, 2009

Why to such extent?

Today, I was appalled to read the headlines on BBC, why women are being mistreated in Afghanistan, I just don't get.

1. Afghan women fight on for rights

2. Row over Afghan wife-starving law

What is it that's in the heads of those men, that makes them act in such a perverse and sadistic nature.

I was shocked when I read it. Shocked but I also expected it. I had prior introduction to such behaviour when I read the book "the Kite Runner" by Khaled Hosseini. Initially I thought it was a mere exaggeration, but after having read these 2 articles, I'm just appalled.

How can any man with a sane mind treat any woman be it sister, wife, daughter or mother as such.
I hope President Sarkozy get his way with the Burqa ban. I think these women have been oppresed over many many generations and the men have taken advantage of that, and have made it a tradition.

No woman should ever be ashamed of her face and should not be made to hind behind a veil. Hiding your body I can understand, but modesty does not mean covering your face as well.

To the burqa clad women out there. Know your rights. Why should your partner ask you to hide under a veil after marriage? Is there no trust between the two of you. Does he not have faith in you? If so, you shouldn't even be getting married in the first place.

Ps: i'd like to apologize if I offend any parties. But these are strongly my views and I have a right to express them.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that men in afghanistan interpret islam completely incorrectly and force women into conditions quoting God where there are no such references made in The Quran. Thats because the force women to not get education(which btw is unislamic and a sin, you are not to prevent people from gaining knowledge, regardless of gender/age/etc)

    But you should also be careful of how much of the mass media you believe, burqa is something that is optional and you can choose the wear it, therefore maybe you should talk to the muslim women who wear it and find out how many of them prefer it (you will be surprised, I was). Don't assume that the mainstream media is not bias in what it reports. The purpose is to protect your modesty not to have you be ashamed. Men have to cover their bodies and have beards to protect their modesty too. Its not a one sided thing. It goes without saying however, that men supress women, its not a religion thing. its a soceity thing that we have, as a world barely begun to come out of. I for one hope that he doesn't win, because you should have freedom of choice and if he wins how much difference is there between him who forces those that want it to be taken off and those men that force women to wear when they dont?

    ReplyDelete