Friday, April 16, 2010

KL!

Kuala Lumpur is an awesome city! you've got everything in it! New, old, rich, poor. Not to forget alll the eateries tooo!

Today, during our lunch break, my colleague asked me to accompany her to buy material for a baju kurung. We headed to the 'old' KL city. what used to be the heart of the city in the 1960's probably.



That's both my colleagues figuring out which shop to go to. We were spoilt for choices I tell you!


It was near Petaling Street. I am yet to go in, but hey, I was out side! The place we went to, well I'm sure you know by now, I am yet to answer that question! hahaha it was near Jalan Tun H.S. Lee.


That's where Reggae bar is too!

It's also near the Pudu Raya station that's currently under going renovation.

We finally settled for


The shop was neat, not cluttred. It had been established in the 1950's and the sales men there, gosh! They definitely know how to sell! My colleague came out with 2 very expensive materials! Rather than the ONE piece of cloth she needed!



Even she was going crazy deciding what to chose!


But some how, she managed to chose one type, but of course she got distracted by the other materials and bought a second piece! for the 'rainy day'. Women I tell you. So easily distracted by clothes and what not...

I loved this material the most! at first glance it looks like trees, but it's actually BIRDS! and leaves!


Now how cool is that?!?!


This was definitely a fun city experience!


Oh on the way back to work, we stopped to eat.


And whoa!


We found this narrrow lane and look at how every body's eating! Like in a canteen! and the Lady used her b.a.r.e hands to serve the chicken :S

But then again, I heard the food was yummeh... oh well.

PS: the place is never empty! (day times at least...)

No comments:

Post a Comment