Tuesday, April 13, 2010

S.t.u.d.y!

This post is meant especially for Nabil Fiqry. (Ladies, he's a handsommme young fella, contact me if you're interested)

So, it's that time of the year, where most of my close friends are cramming for their exams!

Having spoken to one friend in the afternoon, she told me she was busy studying and refused to video call with me. Hmph!But I understand, she had to study and that was definitely more important that my ulterior motive of calling her ;)

So this is especially for my friends,

When studying,Stay away from the internet. your research on a particular topic, may end up here.

When I was in university, that always happened to me!

So I would go to a corner where I knew there would be no WIFI.

As for journals, well as much as I'd like to save paper, I would like to get better grades as well. So print out your journals, and read em.And if you're all out for saving the environment, print 2 pages on each side in a double sided printing preference.

Be sure to not
This usually happens when I'm wondering what I'm gonna have for dinner, or what are my friends up to, basically mundane unimportant things.

For this short period, (study period) ignore everything for that short time you set aside to study and focus on one thing, i.e. the journal!

Also, if the topic you're studying involves reading, reading in a group may help, especially when the journals are all words and no pictures! Reading in a group may or may not useful. Useful in the way that if you are unable to grasp a point, you can seek explanation from your study mates.
Not useful in a way that instead of explaining the notes, you may end up

Gossiping! the worst of em all! However with the right mind and positive attitude, this can be avoided!
Yay!

When I was in Uni, I found studying in groups very effective. However we did it in sessions. First, we'd decide on which journals to read, and we'd read them in our own comfort zone separately.

After, we'd get together and discuss the points we had read. This helped us remember our arguments better!

Also, the most important thing when studying is knowing what to study!

Instead of studying all the topics, chose topics that have been frequently asked in the past years, topics that were stressed in class.

This may not be the best way of studying, cos when you leave uni, you're supposed to know everything,

but for some of us who like procrastinating *ahem* make sure you study important topics first!

I have to go now, hope my two cents worth of advice is helpful!

And to all my friends, Good luck! Promise not to disturb y'all!

<3

and to those who might be sick!

Get well soon!

PS: If this is your final exam, enjoy the time spent studying to the max! Working life is a LOT more taxing!

Regards,
Pink dot

No comments:

Post a Comment